Pine River, Minnesota

'Birthplace of the Paul Bunyan Trail' 


CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE: Friends of the Pine River Ice Rink for current information on the rink.


                      The City of Pine River is proud to provide winter fun for the whole family!

The regulation ice rink measures 85 X 200, with a general skating rink adjacent and around it. 

The rink "board" is available for business advertisement.

The rink will be available after temperatures reach a good degree below freezing for an extended period of time to assure thawing will not likely occur.




Winter Hours:

The skating rink is open 7 days a week from sunrise until 10:00 p.m.

The rink is well lit throughout the evening hours with lights turning off promptly at 10:00 p.m.




The heated 16' X 16' warming house is open to the public and provides a nice warm place to don skates or to take a rest from the elements.

Outlets are available for electrical use.




The inside of the warming house has built-in benches around the perimeter.

For skaters who do not have their own skates, skates are available through Pine River Community Ed @ 218-587-2080 during regular school hours.  Skates can be checked out for a day or for the whole skating season!!

Plastic "Skate Trainers" are available on site for young children who are just learning how to skate.


A fire pit is on site for warming those fingers & toes while outside! Firewood is provided.


Port-a-Potties are on site during the skating season.



The Ice Rink is regularly maintained to keep the surface of the ice clear of debris and as smooth as possible.


Signs will be posted if the rink is being flooded for a smooth skate.  


For further information or to advertise on the rink "board", call 218-587-2338 or 218-587-2440.



This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at